About this Module
Imposter Syndrome is that gut wrenching fear of being exposed as a fraud or fake when you take on a new challenge like a job or study or when you feel that you don’t deserve your successes. Imposter Syndrome can play havoc with your health and well-being, not to mention your career trajectory. In this practical workshop you will discover how to recognise Imposter Syndrome, learn some strategies to deal with it and see it as a positive step on the pathway to success.
- Be able to define Imposter Syndrome, identify its characteristics and understand whois susceptible to it
- Complete a questionnaire that assesses your own propensity for Imposter Syndrome and reflect on your results
- Understand the cycle of Imposter Syndrome
- Understand the role of procrastination, trying too hard, perfectionism and dismissing positive feedback in perpetuating the Imposter cycle
- Look at 15 strategies to manage Imposter Syndrome, instead of it managing you
- Be able to recognise Imposter Syndrome in others at work
- Review some strategies for managing and supporting employees with Imposter Syndrome.