We continuously receive great feedback about the practical value of our events and our expert speakers. All our events are listed below in chronological order. Please SCROLL DOWN to find the event you are interested in your preferred location. Not sure what to do? E: firstname.lastname@example.org or M:0467635150. More innovation news on our facebook page!
Improving Consumer and Carer Engagement in Healthcare
Hear presentations and join the conversation on:
· Approaches to governance that actively involve consumer and carer perspectives
· Successful systems and processes for engaging consumers and carers in health care service delivery and health care decision making
· Strategies and models where consumer and carer engagement has led to
· Service or care redesign and/or delivery that better meets expressed needs
· Improved patient safety and quality of care
· Improved patient experience, increased satisfaction
· Increased capacity to deliver patient centred care
· Providing feedback to consumers and carers about the impact of their contribution
Now inviting expressions of interest from engaging Session Chairs. Each Session Chair receives a complimentary registration to the event. Interested? Please send your 6 line bio to email@example.com. Chair spots allocated on a first come first served basis.
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE EVENTS
3 March - 27 July 2016
Melbourne, Adelaide,Canberra, Sydney Brisbane, VIC, Australia
Emotional Intelligence for Leaders Introductory Workshop
In this full day introductory workshop, you will:
· Gain an overview of the science and value of emotional intelligence
· Consider the impact on performance of positive and negative emotions in the workplace including the impact on individuals, productivity and organizational outcomes
· Understand six competencies of the Genos International model of emotional intelligence for leaders
· Participate in exercises where you try working with the competencies for emotional intelligence
· Develop an action plan for improving your own emotional intelligence
Who should attend:
· Managers, team leaders, emerging leaders from government, health, aged care and not for profit sectors
· Network and consortium managers and anyone else working with diverse stakeholder groups
· Those keen to help change the culture in their workplace.
Also available any where, any time - strictly confidential emotional intelligence assessments with follow up coaching. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and pricing.
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE EVENTS
Sustain Success On Line Resilience Course
If you are under the pump and not sure that you are coping well, this on line program, Sustain Success, will help you to build your resilience at work and beyond.
Developed by highly regarded, organisational psychologist, Kathryn McEwen, here's an opportunity to reflect on the way work pressure impacts on the way you function at work and beyond. Here is a taster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_x1dy9KCU
Best of all its easy! There is no need to ask your manager for permission to attend a course. No need to feel embarrassed about your capacity to cope or starting to withdraw from decision making because you feel that your ability and your confidence are living on different planets.
Preventing Unnecessary Hospital Emergency Department Transfers for Older People
The seminar addresses opportunities and challenges by showcasing strategic approaches and innovations programs that assist to:
- alleviate demand and capacity pressures on hospital emergency departments (ED)
- enable older people living in the community/residential aged care (RACF’s) to receive timely, appropriate urgent care
- assist vulnerable older people to avoid potentially unnecessary transfers to hospital emergency departments.
The Hospital After Hours
To showcase and share lessons learnt from innovations designed to improve patient safety, quality and efficiency in hospitals after hours.
Topics may include (although in no way limited to):
- Improving patient safety at night
- Managing shift change and clinical handover
- Effective communication
- Streamlining clinical operations management (inc electronic management)
- Leadership and improved accountability for staff
- Supervision and support for junior doctors
- Learning at night
- Role review and role coordination for patient safety
- Fatigue management